Tezpur University Centre for Open and Distance Learning
Updated on: Mar 18, 2013
Tezpur University Directorate of Distance Education is established in 2011. It offers various post- graduate, undergraduate, diploma and certificate programmes in emerging areas of science, technology & engineering, social sciences, management and humanities with flexible system to cater to the need of the learners who otherwise can not avail the regular mode of education.
- To offer various programmes under lifelong learning contributing to the local and regional level requirements and as per the need of the society at large.
- To undertake various research and academic activities for furtherance of distance education in the region.
- To contribute to conserve and promote cultural heritage, literature, traditional knowledge and environment conducting short programmes, workshops, seminars and research in interdisciplinary field.
- To offer degree, diploma, certificate level programme of study through distance learning in various emerging subjects across the disciplines.
- To offer job oriented and vocational programmes in flexible terms in the line of the national and regional level demand of manpower.
- Department: Mass Communication & Journalism
Courses: M.A- Mass Communication
P.G Diploma in Electronic Media
- Department: Sociology
Course: P.G Diploma in Governance and Development
- Department: Hindi
Course: P.G Diploma in Functional Hindi
- Department: Business Administration
Courses: P.G Diploma in Retail Management
P.G Diploma Investment Management
P.G Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Department: Environmental Science
Course: P.G Diploma in Environmental Management
- Department: Mathematical Sciences
Course: M.A/ M. Sc in Mathematics
- Department: Energy
Course: PG Diploma in Renewable Energy & Energy Management (REEM)
- Department: Computer. Science and Engineering
Course: P.G Diploma in System Management
AdmissionsThe Centre for Open and Distance Learning, Tezpur University announces admission to the listed courses from January 2012. Prospectus may be collected from the Centre or from selected branches* of Punjab National Bank by paying Rs. 140.00+ Rs10/-(Bank Charges) for the paper version and Rs. 120.00+ Rs10/-(Bank Charges) for the CD version (for ST/SC candidates Rs. 70.00+ Rs10/-(Bank Charges) and Rs. 60.00+ Rs10/-(Bank Charges) respectively) from 14 November, 2011 onwards. Forms may also be downloaded from the website. Filled in downloaded application forms must be accompanied by a demand draft worth Rs. 100.00(Rs 50.00 for ST/SC) drawn in favour of The Registrar, Tezpur University, payable at Tezpur. All filled in forms are to be sent by 14 December, 2011 to the Centre for Open and Distance Learning, Tezpur University, Napaam, Tezpur- 784028.
Proposed Study CentresGuwahati, Jorhat, Dibrugarh, Silchar, Nalbari, Tezpur, Agartala and Shillong
Contact DetailsThe Director
CENTRE FOR OPEN AND DISTANCE LEARNING
Tezpur University, Napaam, Tezpur,
Assam, Pin - 784028
E mail: [email protected]